|Bus Stops||Click Here|
|Address||White Mark Farm,
82 Hill Road,
|Post code||OX49 5AF|
|Directions||From the B4009 centre of Watlington, turn (at car park sign) up Hill Road towards the Chiltern hills. Site on the right in 0.5 miles signposted with a C&CC sign as it's part of a C&CC certificated site.|
An Alternate route
1. Leave the M40 motorway at J5 Stokenchurch.
2. After leaving the motorway turn first left on to the A40 signposted Oxford (do not enter Stokenchurch as you will be going in the wrong direction!)
3. After 0.6 miles take the first left turn signposted Christmas Common.
4. Follow this road along the Chiltern ridge for 3.2 miles.
5. Immediately after the 30 and Christmas Common signs, turn right signposted Watlington.
6. White Mark Farm is on the left after 1.1 miles, shortly after the first houses you come to.
The entrance is quite narrow (from whichever side of the road you approach) so need to take it very slowly
View Larger Map
|Description||The rally field is on a large sloping lawn. Many footpaths directly off of the site. Easy short walk into town. Watlington reputedly Englandís smallest town, nestling in the shadows of the Chiltern Hills, It is certainly steeped in history, with origins dating back to the 6th century, and mentioned in the Domesday Book, with civil war connections. The fine 17th Century Town Hall is accompanied by many 16th century and Georgian buildings, as well as the venerable church of St Leonardís. |
In the area
The Chiltern Hills, one of South East Englandís finest landscapes, rise above the town and offer much to the outdoor enthusiast. The Icknield Way (Ridgeway National Trail) runs within Ĺ mile, as do Shakespeareís way, and the Oxfordshire Way. Watlington is in the heartland of the re-introduced red kites, which can often be seen soaring above the rooftops. You might like to bring your binoculars and bird books.